Humanities Teacher (EE0019)
Location: Bury, Greater Manchester
£100 - £140 per day
Sector: Qualified Teachers
Essential Education are currently looking to recruit enthusiastic Humanities Teachers that can teach across KS3 - KS5. We are looking for any specialism, Geography, History or RE.
We can offer day to day work as well as block bookings and long term placements. We have excellent relationships with a number of secondary schools across the North Manchester area, and are always looking for outstanding new teachers to work with them.
Essential are seeking all Humanities teachers, whether you are a teacher of experience or a NQT. We want to hear from you!
What can Essential offer me?
At Essential we pride ourselves on the standard of teachers that we place into schools. The knowledge and expertise that you can provide in schools is invaluable. Our main priority is therefore that you are happy with our service. To achieve that we operate in the following manner:
- As soon as we hear from you one of our consultants will contact you for a brief telephone interview.
- You will then receive a ‘signing-on’ package. Once we receive this back from you your personal consultant will arrange a face-to-face interview with a view to gaining more information to assist us in placing you in a school that meets your requirements.
- Once you are in employment your consultant will make checks with your and the school to make sure that you are comfortable in your job.
Will supply teaching suit me?
Through Essential you will have the freedom to work around your alternative commitments. Our personal consultants will strive to place you in schools on days specified by yourself.
Essential can offer you day-to-day supply or long-term placements whether you be:
- Retired and looking to supplement your pension
- Returning to teaching after a break.
- At interview our personal consultant will discuss all details and place you in a school that suits your needs.
What qualifications do I require to supply teach?
- BA Hons with QTS
- PGCE with degree
- Registration with the General Teaching Council.
What checks do Essential make before I am placed in employment?
Essential must make the checks below before it can place you into a school.
- A face-to-face interview. A chance for you to discuss all aspects of supply teaching and tell us how Essential will benefit from your expertise.
- We will need to see some forms of identification with proofs of address. These could include a passport or driving licence with a utility bill showing your name and address.
- All teaching certificates and Teacher Reference Number must be checked.
- Complete a disclosure form that allows us to undertake a police check on you
- Complete a List 99 check.
- If you are an overseas teacher you must have evidence of the equivalent check in your country.
- Provide us with the names and addresses of your two most recent teaching referees.
- UK teachers must show evidence that they are registered with the GTC.
In return we can offer *great rates of pay *Valuable experience on your CV *Long term work and flexible working hours *Friendly service from our recruitment consultants.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria then please forward your CV today.